Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 72
Primary Location: Emergency Dept / St Clare Hospital / Lakewood WA
CHI Franciscan Health includes eight full-service hospitals, the Franciscan Medical Group a multi-specialty group with 620 providers and 177 clinics; in-home and inpatient hospice and palliative services; same-day surgery centers; dialysis centers; and occupational health and physical therapy clinics. We serve communities throughout the Puget Sound region with more than 2,300 medical staff members and approximately 12,500 employees. Franciscan is a non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization and is affiliated with Catholic Health Initiatives.
St. Clare Hospital, located in the heart of Lakewood, is a 103-bed community hospital offering a broad range of services, ranging from Surgery where we have an advanced robotics program to Critical Care to a robust outpatient center offering Pain Management, Sleep Lab, Therapies and Imaging Services. Our Emergency Department has 25 beds and we see and average of 140 patients per day. We are most proud of our collaborative, interdisciplinary teamwork and the quality of care we deliver to our patients.
Our Emergency Services Department Leadership team is comprised of a Director, two RN Clinical Managers and an RN Educator. We have 115 team which include 70 RNs. We also have Pharmacy, Social Work and Care Management staff dedicated to our Emergency Department.
We are located in the heart of the Pacific Northwest which offers residents a very high quality of life. Outdoor recreational opportunities abound, including skiing, hiking, boating and much more. Our area also offers an outstanding variety of restaurants and local breweries, cultural events and shopping.
What We Have To Offer
The opportunity to work as a member of a cohesive team that treats a variety of patients
A community hospital where staff will feel like a family and collaborate exceptionally well with physicians and across departments
10- and 12-hour shift options; no on-call time required
Financial support for specialty certifications and tuition assistance for advanced degrees
Faith-based culture with commitment to our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence where we value positive team players
Opportunities for career growth within the growing and highly successful CHI Franciscan Health system
Competitive wages, incentives and a generous employee benefits program
Assess and manage patients with varying acuity and conditions, from minor to urgent, across all populations and age groups
Provide stabilization and emergency care for patients to include special procedures such as triage, orthopedic splinting, cardiac pacing, cardioversion and defibrillation; eyes, ears, nose and throat procedures, wound repair, complex medication administration, cardio-respiratory resuscitation, gynecological and obstetrical procedures and management of psychiatric emergencies
Administers, oversees and documents the administration of medications
Prepares patient for discharge and assists with coordinating post discharge needs
Demonstrates competent professional nursing practice and engages in opportunities for professional growth
Provides health care education and guidance to patients and families
Adheres to and exhibits our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence
We are looking for a responsible and compassionate Registered Nurse with top-notch clinical skills, a caring attitude, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. It is also important to display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively educate patients and their families on the in-home healthcare process.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred. Previous E.D. experience current within the last 2 years preferred, OR Critical care experience, current within the last 2 years preferred, OR New graduate or RNs without E.D. or Critical Care experience AND successful completion of the E.D. residency program.
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification within sixty days of hire, and maintained as current thereafter.
* Current Healthcare BLS Certification.
* Completion of a NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Provider) class is required at sites that do not provide labor and delivery services within twelve months of date of hire and must be maintained as current thereafter.
* Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) within twelve months of date of hire. Certification must be maintained as current thereafter.
* National Institutes of Health Strokes Scale (NIHSS) certification within six months of date of hire, and maintained as current thereafter.
* Emergency Nurse Pediatric Certification (ENPC) OR Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within twelve months of date of hire. Certification(s) must be maintained as current thereafter.
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and/or Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification is preferred.
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our faith-based health system.
* Requisition ID: 2018-R0199655
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, coronary, domiciliary, maternal, nurse, psychiatric, recovery, staff nurse, transitional