Swedish Medical Center is looking for an Emergency Department Technician (Per Diem) to work for the Emergency Services Department at Swedish Ballard in Seattle, WA.
The Emergency Department Technician is responsible for providing support to the Emergency Department (ED) Nursing and Licensed Independent Practitioner (LIP) staff by performing tasks that assist in the care and treatment of patients with illnesses and injuries.
In this position you will:
* Serve as a liaison among members of the healthcare team, patients, and families
* Organize, replace and maintain inventory and supply levels in the department
* Perform basic patient care such as vital signs, patient hygiene, mobility assistance, specimen collection, and preparation of equipment and supplies for procedures
* Assist in other department-related activities
Required qualifications for this position include:
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Washington State Medical Assistant - Phlebotomist (MA-P) certification
* Washington State Nursing Assistant Registered (NAR) or Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC)
* Current BLS Certification
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) training
* Training in orthopedic technology
* Two years of Emergency Department experience
About the Ballard Campus.
Swedish's Ballard campus maintains its strong ties to the Ballard community and fosters a team-oriented work environment. The Ballard campus has an active obstetrics program and a full-service Emergency Department. It is the site of Swedish's Addiction Recovery Services ? one of the few hospital-based drug- and alcohol-treatment programs in Seattle.
Associated topics: emergency department, emergency room, emt b, emt basic, life, paramedic, pmt, service technician, technician, technician emergency