Medical Assistant: This position is in our Podiatry department at the Columbia Tech Center location and is full time, 40 hours/week.
Care for people, grow your career
Vancouver Clinic is currently seeking compassionate and patient-focused medical assistants for our clinics in Vancouver. We are the largest multispecialty group in Southwest Washington, and growing. Our medical assistants are passionate about taking great care of patients and adept at helping with back-office duties. The ideal candidate will be caring, positive, flexible, and team-oriented, and work with kindness and professionalism at all times. Vancouver Clinic covers Washington state certification renewal costs for medical assistants. In general, our medical assistants work day shifts Monday through Friday. Some work extended hours or weekends in our Urgent Care clinics. Living and working in Washington state means no state income tax.
Back-office medical assistants maintain and enhance the health and well-being of patients. They facilitate patient flow, assist with procedures, help with telephone communications, and handle follow-up. Regular responsibilities include:
* Take vitals, obtain chief complaint, and update patient chart accurately when patient is roomed
* Discuss and enroll patients in MyChart patient messaging
* Prepare equipment, instruments, and supplies for provider exam; instruct patient on disrobing, if applicable
* Assist provider by chaperoning, as appropriate
* Assist with exams and minor procedures
* Maintain patient flow; have patient in the room within five minutes of known vacancy
* Evaluate needs of walk-in patients within 10 minutes of known arrival.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Current Washington State Medical Assistant-Certified credential
* Interim to active MA-Certified credential within six months of hire date
* Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider BLS CPR certification
* Electronic health record experience, Epic preferred
* Patient care experience preferred
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Vancouver Clinic believes in supporting the personal and professional growth of our employees and promoting from within. Our medical assistant (MA) career ladder provides you with opportunities to improve your skills and knowledge. Growth opportunities include: MA II, MA III, Lead MA, Panel Coordinator, Orthopedic Technician, and others.
Vancouver Clinic offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. We cover 100 percent of the premium costs for medical and dental for full-time employees. We also offer long-term disability, 401(k), flexible spending plan, paid time off, holiday pay, and education reimbursement. Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We offer a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, paid time off, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: assistant, assistant cvor, assistant psych, assistant surgery, assistant surgical, clinic, physician assistant, practice physician, urgent care, walk in
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.